Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lately I've been thinking about replacing my acrylic nails (with french tips) with gels?

but first I wonder: how does gel hold up vs acrylic? Before I got the french tips, with acrylic alone, they were always chipping. Do gels do this? I think they look better and wonder if I should change. What are the differences? Advice?Lately I've been thinking about replacing my acrylic nails (with french tips) with gels?
i switched from acrylics to gels. i like them so much better. they don't chip, like the acrylics. they also look much better when they are filled. the only downfall is that they aren't as strong as acrylics, so if you break acrylics easily, then you will really break these.Lately I've been thinking about replacing my acrylic nails (with french tips) with gels?
The gel is much nicer and has a much cleaner look. However, it is more expensive. I don't think it is worth the price. What I like most about it is that you can easily wipe it off. If pen ink gets on it, you can just wife it off with a little soap and water. It won't stay on it like on the regular nail polish.
I like gel better they seem more real.
I switched from acrylic to gels a few months ago. Gels don't chip anymore than acrylics BUT the lines from where you have had them filled are easier to see. Good part about gels is that they look better, they don't get yellowish like acrylics can, mine don't break or lift as much, and they are better for your nails (or at least the nail guy said they were). Bad part about gels is that they take longer to fill and they cost more so not too much bad about them.
AS A LICENSED NAIL TECH, I PREFER GELS OVER ACRYLIC ANY DAY!! (I AM TALKING ABOUT THE GELS THAT CURE UNDER A UV LIGHT - NOT POWDER GEL). MY CLIENTS ENJOY THE MORE NATURAL LOOK THAT GELS GIVE, AS WELL AS THE FACT THAT THEY ARE LESS DAMAGING TO THE NATURAL NAIL. AS FAR AS STRENGTH GOES, I FIND THEM JUST AS STRONG, IF NOT MORE SO. ALSO, THE GEL CURES TO A HIGH SHINE, ELIMINATING THE NEED FOR BUFFING AND/OR CLEAR POLISH FOR SHINE. THIS IS A BIG PLUS IF YOU PREFER THE FRENCH LOOK, LIKE YOU MENTIONED. ANOTHER STRONG POINT IS THE FACT THAT GELS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO ODOR--GREAT FOR SENSITIVE NOSES!!! I SAY GO FOR IT, YOU'LL LOVE THEM.
I agree, gels are way better (for me anyway). I didn't have any chipping that I can remember (i don't wear them anymore).
well if i get mine done i get the whie tip but i think its acrylic but mine stayed on for like a month or so and it didnt chip!

No comments:

Post a Comment